The dude is in a high chair now. Seriously, where does the time go?
CJ ate cheerios in it this morning (minus the tray). Can't wait until Soren's dunking his head in the cereal bowl. It's only a matter of time.
Is it weird that the two year old drools more than the six month old? Is that normal? Anyone?
Friday, June 11, 2010
No, really. It looks fun, but don't. Especially don't do this trying to get your kid out of the candy aisle at the store--even if you are holding the baby. In fact, refrain from yanking your kid around by the arm several times a day. Because eventually he is going to cry for a half hour straight before you realize you just pulled his arm out of the socket. And then you'll have to call the doctor's office and say something like, "This is really embarrassing, but...."
Yes, I'm learning a lot about parenting lately. I'm realizing it's something I'm really good at. CJ is good at recognizing it, too. Every time we go by the spot, he is good to tell me, "Look mommy. CJ fall out of the stroller. Look!" (He is safely buckled now). And on the way home from the doctor's office today, I got this a few times "Mommy pulled CJ's arm." Thanks a lot Ceej. That'll be a great quote for the police report.
Fortunately, CJ is now in one piece. Give me a call if you need tips on popping a shoulder or two back in. I'm an expert.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Not this kid. Thanks, Aunt Emily.
We just had the best week in California with Emily's family. Seriously, the best. In a lazy kind of way. Highlights:
- $15 pool from Wal-Mart, Little Tikes slide, and a hose. CJ was in heaven. Except that he was scared of the pool and the slide. And he really only liked the hose if he was holding it.
- Chasing chickens around the yard.
- Golf Cart rides.
- Homemade waffle cones. Yummy.
- Pretty much every meal Emily made. She's an awesome cook.
- Sleeping in. Oh wait, my kids woke up before six everyday. Nevermind.
- Seeing Wicked in San Francisco with Christian. Our best date yet.
- Watching Emily clean the house, sew tableclothes, a patchwork quilt, and make homemade scones and chocolate chip cookies. All in the same week.
- Feeling good about being lazy compared to Emily.
- Watching CJ get along with his cousins.
- Watching CJ not get along with his cousins.
- Soren's big smiles and giggles.
- CJ following Dustin around.
- In 'n Out
- Soren's first bottle
- Emily's shower. Not the baby kind or wedding kind where you get presents but the water kind. It has temperature control and like five different shower heads.
- Canyon's baptism