When I was pregnant with cj, I watched my sister Daisy's kids for two weeks. Besides a trip to the ER and a few crying sessions in the closet, it was a great experience for me. The best part definitely was sweet little Maggie (sorry Parly, Clayre, Kate). She was 18 months and so cute. I honestly got homesick for her when we went back home. I remember Daisy telling me that it would be hard having a baby after seeing how cute a toddler is.
I hate to admit this, and I don't very often, but Daisy was right. Sure, I didn't realize it when cj was born. He was sort of cute in a newborn, helpless way. He even got cuter as time went on, and I'm sure there were a couple times around the year mark that I actually convinced myself that he was cute. But now we have finally hit the best age: 18 months. Seriously. Here's why:
- Still slurps his milk out of his cereal bowl even though he knows what a spoon is for
- Says, "Hi guys" when he walks into a room, "Oh shoot" when he drops something and "Ew stinky" when you smell his feet (and yes, they really do stink)
- Knows the names of all his stuffed animals and says hi to them: Larry, Gertie, George, Fred, Alligator
- Is old enough to go to nursery--enough said
- Is too young to be embarrassed by his parents
- Is too young to talk back
- Takes a three + hour nap
- Runs in place really all the time and says "Whoa.....fast!!!!"
- Sings the Dora songs and wears a backpack around the house
- Is always working on projects, useful things, like loading the dishwasher, moving everything out of the bathroom drawers, taking all the clothes out of my dresser, taking all the books off the shelves, and getting peanut butter and other sticky stuff on my white bedspread