Wednesday, February 18, 2009

White Shirts, Snow and Blisters

It snowed yesterday. A lot. A snowstorm in December is listen to Christmas music and drink hot chocolate kind of cozy. A snowstorm in mid-February is mildly depressing. So we spent the day ironing 12 of Christian's white shirts. Really, 12. I scorched two of them and got blisters on my hand. Blisters from ironing? I used to get blisters from things like running marathons and hiking mountains, but in mid-February I get blisters from ironing.

Oh well. Back to the shirts. At least I have calluses now.

7 comments:

Emily said...

How DEPRESSING! I can't think of anything worse. Blisters from ironing in the snow. Wow. You people really need to come to California more often.

Megan said...

You iron? Really? Good for you. But it does sound very depressing.

Love the picture of CJ.

daisy said...

Or come back to St. George. And by the way what's an iron?

katrina said...

I never ever saw you iron when we were roomates. Did we own an iron? I nominate you for wife of the year. I've never ironed anything for Jordan.

Nikki said...

You kill me. 12 shirts? Holy cow! I think SPencer has 12 shirts total...including church/work/everyday shirts. I love that pic of CJ too..what a cutie pie! I want to see him soon.

Marty, Reader of Books said...

Iron. Hmmmm. Iron, iron, iron, iron ... Something on the Table of the Elements, maybe? What is this thing that you speak of?

Snowstorm anytime = play in the snow, Sadie. I know it's a pain to get out all the snow clothes and dress up the kid, but it is soooo worth it. Then Bonnie will give hot chocolate upon reentering and you can listen to Groundhog's Day music.

Tanner and Stacy said...

You might be the best little housewife I know. I remember trying to iron one of Tanner's shirts right after we got married. Ya know, trying to be the perfect wife and all, but that all stopped when he redid it the day he wore it. I agree with Daisy. It's time for a vacation!